Ten Truths Meme
1. I'm studying English at university...but I can't stand classic novels!
Yes, I love studying English, but the classic novels don't interest me at all. The sooner I can pick and choose my modules, the better! Come on modern novelists and poetry!
2. Given the option, I would quite happily stay in my room all day.
I'm a little agoraphobic, so I like to stay indoors anyway. Any attempt to leave the flat usually takes a great deal of time and preparation - like, say, having to wake up at 5am every morning for my 9am lectures because I need that time to psych myself up. But yeah, I think if I had enough food and my laptop, I'd happily live out the rest of my days in this room. A sad kind of bliss.
3. I love older men; that's no new thing, but I'm distantly in love with ALAN RICKMAN.
Now, my cut off point used to be 50 years old, but then both Hugh Laurie and Morrissey turned 50, so I had to up the age limit again. I decided on 60 being the oldest - Bowie being a fine specimen of older man. This was until BAM! My obsession with Alan Rickman started. Hans Gruber = hot times. But Severus Snape = Schmokin' hot times. I thought to myself, "This is ok, he looks like he's in his late forties. That's fine by me..." And then I found out he's 64 years old. My friends think I'm disgusting...
4. Sometimes, I feel like I have so much wrong with me that I don't have any right to talk about it anymore.
There's nothing more frustrating than realising that no one wants to hear about your problems anymore. I complete understand it - I mean, sometimes it's more of a chore to listen to someone constantly talk about themself, but with me, it just feels like everything piles on at once (like now, for instance, chest infection, cramps and now the aftermath of yet another migraine) but you just know that no one wants to hear about it. Sucks when you really want someone to talk to.
5. I have a pair of jeans that I haven't washed...ever.
The less said about that the better.
6. I'm so sorry for this...but...Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up is an awesome song!
I grew up with this song, so I can still listen to it without being ashamed. I probably should feel ashamed, shouldn't I?
7. This is my favourite number. Mmmhmmm.
8. I actually enjoy sitting in my room, like a recluse, writing poetry and fan fiction.
It's one of the best things I've got in my life at the minute, and it makes me feel amazing when I finally get something posted. The satisfaction is generally very short-lived, but that only encourages me to write more.
9. There is a belief that everyone has to love Maltesers. No. Just...no.
Hate the things. They are a popular gift from people who don't know what to buy you for your birthday and, don't get me wrong, I'll eat them and I'll appreciate them...but I really, really hate them! I tell my parents every year, but they still buy me a box of Maltesers every Christmas. -_-
10. I LOVE SIMPLY RED
I am not ashamed. Mick Hucknall's voice is almost heavenly and Simply Red's music is just so...jazzy and funky and well-constructed, yet when they play live, it looks effortless. Possibly the best band I've ever seen live - bar R.E.M (who were ah-ma-zing)!